Sunday 15 February 2009

Paddling across The Sound

I glance over my shoulder and fix the image in my head…where I don’t want to be.

Then I look across to the eddy forming behind the lighthouse (the building that isn’t a house and has no light). I face into the flow and making sure my nose doesn’t stick in the water or that I’m leaning too far back to send me backwards into the chaotic breaking waves, I pick the wave and glide down its ever changing face onto the next wave, surfing and ferry gliding across the funny water.

…and as I find my line a little bit wrong, and glance again at the messy waves breaking behind me, a surge of adrenaline curses my veins…and in that moment, that rush, I don’t care about the world.

I don’t care about all the complications in my life, the things that make me sad when I stop and think.
I don’t think about the rumours that are flying round.
I don’t care for the people who gossip with no regard for those it effects.
I don’t care….

I think about where I am and where I need to be, I’m totally focused on my line to the next safe haven….and with the cries of seals echoing around its impossible not to appreciate the beauty of life… this is what life is all about.

Maybe I can pat myself on the back and say, I did well today, maybe I can afford myself a compliment, normally I would say it was a good day considering I’m a crap paddler. But today was a good day and I paddled well.

No comments:

Post a Comment